Thursday, December 16, 2010

Finished another Christmas book -- On Christmas Eve

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was reading On Christmas Eve, by Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer.  I finished the book a couple of days ago.

This was book 11 in the Cape Light series.  I've noticed that sometimes when a series includes several books, it's easy to get bogged down in the characters and their stories, to start finding things too familiar.  In the last couple or so volumes in this series, I had felt a little that way.  I'm not sure what the difference was, but I enjoyed On Christmas Eve more than those last couple.  Betty's and Lucy's latest adventures drew me in from the beginning.  Maybe I have a soft spot for needy teenagers, but from her introduction into the story I saw through Zoe's tough exterior to the little girl inside and was pulling for things to go well for her.  If you want to enjoy a nice Christmas story, complete with romance, struggle, and Christmas miracles, I would recommend On Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment