Friday, December 17, 2010

A great book! -- Fatal Judgment

Some time back -- I can't remember exactly when or how -- I discovered the Heroes of Quantico series by Irene Hannon.  She had me in the first chapter of the first book, and the stories only got better through the three-book series.

Just this week I received the first installment in her new Guardians of Justice series; this one is titled Fatal JudgmentAny doubts I may have had about this living up to the previous series were erased right away.  Irene has a great knack for pulling you into the plot from the very beginning and heightening the interest level as the story progresses.  The suspense of the crime drama, the romance, and the inspiration from the characters' faith all fit together for a great read.  Irene obviously does the necessary research to make the FBI agents, U. S. Marshals, and other characters come alive.  And it was a nice surprise to have the story, set in St. Louis, include some action right around my own town of Potosi.  For a moment or two, I wondered if my hunter husband had ever run across the location in the Mark Twain National Forest where some of the action took place!

No comments:

Post a Comment