Monday, April 2, 2012

An Action-Packed Thriller -- the end of a series -- Not This Time


Not This Time is the first book I've read by Vicki Hinze, and I'm glad to have discovered her work. This is the third book in a series, and I felt a little lost in the early pages because I had not read the first two books.  But once I got into this thriller, the plot and the pace were more than enough to keep me interested in the story.

Beth and Sara are friends -- in fact, they look at themselves as sisters -- who run a very successful software business together.  They find themselves and many of their friends involved in a frightening terrorist situation, which leaves them not knowing who or what to trust.  Sara's husband, a man Beth has had serious misgivings about since he appeared on the scene, has disappeared, and no one is really sure whether he is a victim or a member of the organization bringing terror to the village.  Beth is determined not to put her heart at risk (after having it broken before) but finds herself falling for a member of the special ops forces who is involved in trying to get to the bottom of the dangerous situation.

Not This Time is an action-packed page turner that I didn't want to put down until I finished the book.  From the very first page, there is mystery and intrigue that quickly draws you into the story.  I would recommend, though, that you read Forget Me Not and Deadly Ties first.  I now have both those books on order so I can learn the whole story.

You can read the first chapter here.

(This book was provided free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for my honest review.)

Vicki Hinze is an award-winning author of multiple novels including Forget Me Not and Deadly Ties. Hinze’s willingness to take risks in writing and genre has earned her a reputation for trail-blazing skill. She holds a Master of Arts in Creative Writing and a Doctorate in Philosophy, Theocentric Business & Ethics and served as vice president on the International Thriller Writers Board of Directors. She lives in Florida with her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment