Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Welcome

OK, I'm just getting started with this blog and am not too sure of what I'm doing.  This much I'm certain of -- I love to read!   One of my favorite descriptions of a good time is being curled up in my recliner with a soft blanket and a good book. 

My favorite genre is Christian fiction -- I have over 400 in that category in my personal library.  I have pretty much everything written by several authors like Karen Kingsbury, Terri Blackstock, Dee Henderson, Francine Rivers, Brock and Bodie Thoene, Irene Hannon, Jan Karon, and others.  And almost a fourth of those books are Amish and/or Mennonite stories -- books by Beverly Lewis, Wanda Brunstetter, Amy Clipston, Cindy Woodsmall, Beth Wiseman, Shelley Shepard Gray, Barbara Cameron, Kim Vogel Sawyer, Kathleen Fuller, Mary Ellis, B J Hoff, etc.

I enjoy other types of books as well.  I just read Mary Beth Chapman's Choosing to SEE and was very touched by her openness about dealing with a variety of struggles, including the tragic loss of her daughter.  That type of book gives me encouragement to trust God to lead me through my own challenges.

So the plan here is to share my thoughts about books I read.  I would love to hear what others have to say about the same books and to hear recommendations of books I may have missed.  Feel free to visit often and share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment