Thursday, June 23, 2011

Amish Desserts

I just had a chance to preview Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Cookbook: Desserts. a collection of dessert recipes compiled from some of her other cookbooks.

My thoughts about the book?  One word pretty well sums it up:  YUMMY!  There is a good variety of recipes -- a few that I was already familiar with and lots of new ones.  As I turned through the pages, I lost count of how many dishes I really want to try out.  And thankfully, most of the ingredients are things that I could find in my own pantry, not something so out of the ordinary that I wouldn't even know where to look for it.

A nice touch is the photography scattered throughout the book.  There are pictures of some of the desserts, as well as bright, colorful snapshots of Amish life.  Several of the pages also include a verse of scripture or a little piece of wisdom in the form of a short quote.  All in all, I think this book would make a nice gift or a nice addition to your own recipe collection.

1 comment:

  1. I would like this recipe book. I know the Amish are very good cooks and quiltmakers. Thanks for a wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete