Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chasing Sunsets -- a lovely, multi-layered story

Chasing Sunsets by Eva Marie Everson is a rich, multi-layered story of love and relationships. 

Kimberly Tucker is at a very low point in her life.  Reeling from her divorce and conflict with her ex-husband over their sons, she faces the prospect of a lonely few weeks.  At her father’s insistence, she reluctantly goes to the family vacation home in Cedar Key, not looking forward to facing painful memories.  Once there, Kim connects with an elderly neighbor who helps her face with God’s grace a variety of issues as they come to the surface – including a possible second chance with the man who held her heart during a long-ago summer of love.

This book started off as a pretty straightforward story.  But as it progressed, deeper layers of the plot were uncovered, leaving me unable to put the book down.  As each new piece of the story was revealed, I was anxious to see where the story would go next. 

I don’t know how long it is before the next Cedar Key novel is due to come out – but it’s too long!  I can’t wait to learn more about the interesting characters.  I’m pretty sure I would enjoy a trip to Cedar Key, but I guess for now I’ll have to settle for visiting there vicariously.

(This book was provided free from Revell for my honest review.)

Available June 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! Want your readers to know that Chasing Sunsets has a Facebook page I hope they will check out.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eva-Marie-Eversons-Cedar-Key-Novels/160260294035874

    So glad to know you are a Southern Girl! Check out my blog: www.EvaMarieEversonsSouthernVoice.blogspot.com

    Thank you again!
    Eva Marie Everson
    Author
    Chasing Sunsets

    ReplyDelete